In the past, there was nothing dental patients hated more than hearing the words “You need a root canal.” Now, however, patients are beginning to see a major difference in root canal therapy procedures. Today, with modern technology and updated methods, root canal therapy is easier and more comfortable than ever!
Indicators of a Damaged Pulp
The pulp lies inside of the tooth and contains all of the nerves and soft tissues. When this delicate part of the tooth becomes infected, it must be removed through root canal therapy. If it is left untreated, the infection will destroy the nerves of the pulp, resulting in an extreme toothache.
A pulp can become infected when bacteria leaks through a deep cavity or tooth fracture. Here are some warning signs that you may have a damaged pulp:
- Frequent and painful toothache
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Sensitivity when eating hot or cold foods
- Pressure in the teeth
- Swelling or tenderness of the gums near the area of toothache
Don’t suffer through the painful symptoms of an infected pulp! Come see Dr. Randall for an examination before your pain levels increase.
The Root Canal Process
Root canal therapy is simple and effective. Many patients comment that the pain of a root canal is comparable to having a cavity filled. Here’s what you should expect from root canal therapy at Chino Valley Family Dental:
- Dr. Randall will remove the infection through a small opening in the tooth. He will clean out the surrounding areas.
- He will next fill the root canals with a rubbery biocompatible material.
- Finally, Dr. Randall will seal your tooth with a filling or dental crown.
When you opt for root canal therapy, you can skip the hassle of tooth extraction and replacement. Root canal therapy can ultimately save you time, money, and discomfort!
Come cure your dental pain with up-to-date root canal therapy! Call us today to schedule your root canal consultation.